HOW TO : Update firmware on azbox
UPDATE SOFTWARE FROM RECEIVER MENU
To update Set Top Box from Menu, you should go to Menu (Press button Home) and go to Settings > System Information menu.
You can update the firmware through the Internet.
1) Make sure that the digital receiver is connected to the internet before running the firmware upgrade.
2) Press the OK button, and the Update List will be shown.
3) Select the software that you want to install.
4) After finish the download of new software, the receiver will be rebooted automatically to upgrade your firmware.
5) Please wait for the installation.
6) After installation, the receiver will be rebooted again. Now you can use the receiver with upgraded version
!!!! IN ANY CASE POWER OFF OR REBOOT DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS!!!!
b) Using a USB Storage
If you have a USB memory stick, you can update the firmware from it by performing the following steps:
1) Download a new firmware from the Azbox web site. (Format of software should be patch.bin)
2) Copy the firmware file to your USB memory stick.
3) Insert the USB memory stick into the USB port of the digital receiver.
4) Select the Settings > System Information > Firmware Upgrade menu, then the files in the USB memory are listed.
5) Place the highlight bar on the right firmware version and press the OK button.
6) The receiver will be rebooted automatically to upgrade your firmware.
7) Please wait for the installation.
After installation, the receiver will be rebooted again.
Now you can use the receiver with upgraded version.
Your USB memory must be formatted in the FAT file system. Otherwise, the digital receiver cannot recognize your USB memory. In addition, the digital receiver can only recognize files and directories which are named with only alphabetic, numeric and underscore letters. If there is a file or folder named with other letters, the digital receiver cannot recognize not only it but also its subsequent files and folders.
Învăţarea este o atitudine, pentru ca te pune în situaţia de a alege şi te face direct responsabil!